commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [release] uploading jar distributions [WAS Re: [ANOUNCEMENT] Commons Collections 3.1-RC1 and 2.1.1 released]
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:03:42 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> i think probably that since the jar's are part of the same release
> process as the other artifacts packaged together as source and binary
> distributions you're right that a single vote is best.
>
> i've completed the release cut for commons-logging-1.0.4 and am
> awaiting the mirrors syncing. that means i'll probably be finishing
> things off tomorrow.
>
> i've uploaded the jar distributions to a staging area
> (http://cvs.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-logging/) together with md5
> sums and pgp signatures. would you be willing to manage the actual
> movement into the repository (since i made a bit a of a mess last  time)?

They look good, I believe that Jason has a couple scripts that make the
deployment run smoothly, I'll ask him about them. For this time I'll
just manually move them.

> BTW would it be a good idea to have either a repo website or (even
> better) a repo wiki where we can try to pull some of these processes
> and procedures together into useful documents.

Definitely, I had started some efforts in the Wiki before everything
moved to Moinmoin. I located the original work and the points where it
was left out of the new wiki.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?MavenRepository

My time is limited right now, I would have liked to continue on this
documentation effort myself but I'm currently under a deadline crunch.

I think the Maven part needs to be dropped and focus more on policies
for the 'Apache Repository' in general to attract the other groups such
as Depot to place documentation there too.

-Mark