commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ima...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vfs][all][poll]regular expression library or jdk1.4 as minimum requirement
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:41:37 GMT
Rami Ojares wrote:

>The problem with having a generic interface for different regex implementations
>is that the syntax and semantics of regexes are different. I want to know
>EXACTLY what my regexes match and what constucts/syntax I can use.

The developer has to tell the ORO factory what regexp language he would
like to use and therefore, if you got an instance, you know what
language you have to use.
This is not nice - and maybe we have to deal with 2 (or more) languages,
but it might not be worth the time to bring in a meta-regexp-language.

--
Mario