commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ima...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] Using sftp and vfs ...
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:21:57 GMT
Johan Lindquist wrote:

> I am using the VFS library to connect to a remote SFTP server and it
> is  working fine but it seems there is a thread hanging in the jsch
> libraries  (assuming it is the SSH session) ... Even if I call close
> on the file  objects the thread doesn't stop - is there another way to
> shut down the  remote jsch session?

I know, this is not a solution (and maybe not even a workaround for you)
- the trick is to close the FileSystemManager, if you use
VFS.getManager() you could cast the returned FileSystemManager and then
close it. Maybe you instantiate VFS in some other way, however it should
be possible to cast anyway.

        StandardFileSystemManager fsm = (StandardFileSystemManager)
VFS.getManager();
        fsm.close();

But this will close all files and resources allocated by this instance !!!

I will have a look how to do this more general (and maybe
automatically), but this might take a while.

--
Mario