commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [ANOUNCEMENT] Commons Collections 3.1-RC1 and 2.1.1 released
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:58:43 GMT
Good question. I don't believe we are deviating from the same
requirements for java-repository as for the rest of the
"www.apache.org/dist" directory, and for which I'm not fully well
versed. I can tell you that there is "0" resistance to a file getting
placed into the repository on the ibiblio side, they could care less
what we put there. Maven folks care much more, but less than Apache
proper I believe.

So, any "process of voting" etc is an Apache detail. Does "Dist" require
two VOTES to release a file? If it doesn't, I do not believe there
should be a second vote.

Now, packaging, Signing etc are another issue. Before you insert content
into the java-repository, it is wise to set it up in a staging area
(your home directory), get all your signatures and md5's in place show
it to the group for a quick concensus (or just a second set of eye's).
Java-Repository is mirrored across all the Apache Mirrors, as such its
important to minimize errors so that we don't get Fragged to death on
the Mirrors list... ;-)

-Mark