commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] PropertiesConfiguration vs. DOM.*Configuration
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:47:26 GMT
Of course the API should be consistent, so I am +1 for the proposed changes.

Using a Reader or an InputStream might not be sufficient in all cases,
especially for the XML configurations. Then the XML parser would have
trouble resolving external entities.

There were suggestions to introduce a generic mechanism to find
configuration files, a kind of Locator interface with different
implementations for retrieving data from the file system, the classpath
or whatever. I think after the 1.0 release we will go in this direction.

Oliver