commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <ozeigerm...@c1-fse.de>
Subject [Collection] Moving tx map wrappers into Collection Component?
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:15:54 GMT
I was wondering if you collection people would like to have the
transactional map wrappers I have developed in the transaction component
moved into the collection component. They might be a good supplement and
get more attention this way.

Those wrappers work fine and each has some basic JUnit test. The wrappes
include
- a basic version doing "read committed" isolation that never blocks and
never fails upon commit
- an extended version allowing for "serializable" isolation using
pessimistic locks; the drawback is this wrapper might deadlock
- and extended verion allowing for "serializable" isolation using an
optimictic strategy; the drawback is this wrapper might fail upon commit
when conflicts occur

All wrappers take any kind of map to be wrapped. In case you use LRUMap
or anything similar you can even implement a transactional cache with it.

What do you folks say?

Cheers,

Oliver