commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [Wiki SPAM]
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 20:41:12 GMT
A lot of these wiki changes come from apache committers.
Do you think it is possible to tag these changes so we can skip
reviewing these for vandalism?

I don't know the inner workings of the moin wiki system but if we
could separate the changes from committers from the rest it would
certainly reduce the workload.

Something like:
1) put the "Editor:" field in the mail header
2) make sure only apache committers can create wiki accounts with an
apache email address.
    - disallow creating apache.org account from the website
    - provide a shell script to register a apache.org wiki account
      (for users with server access)

This way we can trust the change emails from "Editor: ...@apache.org"
and put those into a separate mail folder.

If we are changing the email header, putting the URL in a mail header
would also be nice ;-)

Does this sounds realistic?

-- Dirk