commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ima...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vfs] FileObject.delete
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:58:58 GMT
rami.ojares@elisa.fi wrote:

>So the call to file.getChildren().length != 0 is already made during delete
>for every folder.

This will be done AFTER the children are removed, just to check if the
folder is really empty before deleting it.
I think the indention was to check if any other process created a file
within the folder structure - and thus to avoid a error message during
recursive delete.

>Then delete(FileSelector) could return the amount of files it deleted.

I already implemented a simple boolean, if you think this is not enough,
please tell me !

I have had no time to checkin my changes as i have to write a test-case
too, but you could expect it soon.

--
Mario