commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Nadler" <jnad...@srcginc.com>
Subject commons net ftpclient - FTPEntryParser for MVS (Z/OS)
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:14:24 GMT
Hi,

Big thanks to any commons/net developers!

I've been using FTPClient against a mainframe FTP server, and listFiles()
did not work.  To resolve this issue, I whipped up MVSFTPEntryParser.java.

Is anyone interested in adding this to the product?  It should be used
whenever SYST returns:

    "MVS is the operating system of this server. FTP Server is running on
z/OS."

MVS makes a very strange FTP platform because the mainframe dataset model
is so different from 'normal' files and directories.  I explained this and
included some sample LIST results in comments in the source code file.

Just let me know if you'd like the code.

Jeff Nadler