commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [net] Javadoc question
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 02:16:34 GMT

What I tried to do was replace the references to straight up files with
{@link classname} or {@link classname#member} and references to in
file anchors with {@link #member}.  But there were quite a number of
classname.html#_top_ references and I replaced those with {@link classname}.
So I ended up running the following:
 find -name "*.java" | xargs perl -pi -e 's/<a\s+href="([^"]+)\.html(?:#_top_)?">[^<]+<\/a>/{\@link
$1}/g; s/<a\s+href="([^"]+)\.html(#[^"]+)">([^<]+)<\/a>/{\@link $1$2 $3}/g;
s/<a\s+href="(#[^"]+)">([^<]+)<\/a>/{\@link $1 $2}/g'

I doublechecked that everything still compiled fine and that 'maven javadoc'
didn't choke.  javadoc spouted warnings because there were typos in the
some of the links (e.g., sendComand instead of sendCommand).  So I fixed
those with:
 find -name "*.java" | xargs perl -pi -e 's/Comand/Command/g'
 find -name "*.java" | xargs perl -pi -e 's/recieve/receive/g'
There were some mistaken references to sendMessage which should have been
sendMessageData in SMTPClient, so I fixed those similarly.

Lastly, FTPClient had a reference to Package-packagename.html which were
translated into @link Package-packagename, so I trimmed off the Package-ΒΈ
leaving {@link org.apache.commons.net.io}, which javadoc complained
about with:
  warning - Tag @link: reference not found: org.apache.commons.net.io
This is supposed to work, so I left it alone because the only damage done
to the docs is that the package name is printed without a hyperlink.

There are still a bunch of .html links that span across two javadoc lines
and I'll fix those next, but wanted to report on the initial fixes and
check them in.

daniel