commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <>
Subject Re: [configuration] AbstractConfiguration.Container
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:07:51 GMT
Oliver Heger wrote:

> A related question is the behavior of getProperty() if the requested
> property has multiple values. At the moment the Container class is used
> to make a difference whether the property has a single value of type
> Collection or multiple values.

I'm not sure to understand the difference between a multiple value
property and a Collection value, isn't this the same ?

If Container is removed, getProperty would be reduced from this:

     public Object getProperty(String key)
         Object o = getPropertyDirect(key);

         if (o instanceof Container)
             o = ((Container) o).asList();