commons-dev mailing list archives

From commons-...@jakarta.apache.org
Subject [Jakarta Commons Wiki] New: Betwixt/FequentlyAskedQuestions
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:06:07 GMT
   Date: 2004-06-13T14:06:07
   Editor: RobertBurrellDonkin <rdonkin@apache.org>
   Wiki: Jakarta Commons Wiki
   Page: Betwixt/FequentlyAskedQuestions

   Added FAQ

New Page:

= Betwixt FAQ =

== How Can You Mix Elements And Attributes For Primitives? ==

{{{
I have a bean with two text properties. One needs to be mapped to an element, the other to
an attribute.

I know that you can set all primitive properties to be mapped to attributes by using setAttributesForPrimitives

but how can I map some to elements and others to attributes?
}}}

For this, you need to use a dotbetwixt file. You simply add an element tag for each properties
you want to map
to an element and an attribute tag for each that you want to map to an attribute.

=== Enhancement ===

A pluggable strategy to replace the simple either element or attributes would be a useful
enhancement. It should
also be easier to write. If anyone finds this an itch, then volunteer on the developers list
:)