commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [testutils] Is there any commons area for generic test code?
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:53:49 GMT
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Is there a place where we can collect and localize utility methods and
> classes used for unit testing?  I have not found anything yet.
>
> Is it even worth doing this?
>
> If the answer is "no", then "yes" to the two questions above, is it
> worth creating a sandbox area where we can start gathering useful
> utilities for unit testing?

The existing sandbox project JUX
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons-sandbox/jux/) was
created for a simliar purpose, although it looks like someone has removed
its web prescence.  The code there has gone stagnant but is still works as
well as ever.

Also, someone once contacted me about a simliar and apparently
larger project on sourceforge, although I can't find it now, junit
add-ons or something like that.

- Rod