commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@micropole-univers.com>
Subject Re: [configuration]ConfigurationXMLDocument and release
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:06:44 GMT
Oliver Heger wrote:

> I had another look at the failing unit test for
> ConfigurationXMLDocument, but I don't see any way to make this class
> compatible with SubsetConfiguration with reasonable effort. I am pretty
> optimistic that this problem can easily be solved with the more
> hierarchical approach planed for the future. So I would again recommend
> to remove this class for the 1.0 release.

I agree with the removal for the 1.0 release, once I get the write
access to CVS I plan to create a 1.0 branch and remove the class there,
it will remain on the trunk though.

> Are there other open points to solve before a release can be published?

There are a few bugs to consider before the 1.0 release :

28274 Use of enum as variable
27747 ClassCastException not thrown by getBoolean()
27775 Comma-escaping and backslash-parsing
28660 Lists in a CompositeConfiguration
26534 JNDIConfiguration and union configuration

Emmanuel Bourg