commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [testutils] Is there any commons area for generic test code?
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:55:17 GMT
On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 08:53, Rodney Waldhoff wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
> > Is there a place where we can collect and localize utility methods and
> > classes used for unit testing?  I have not found anything yet.
> >
> > Is it even worth doing this?
> >
> > If the answer is "no", then "yes" to the two questions above, is it
> > worth creating a sandbox area where we can start gathering useful
> > utilities for unit testing?
>
> The existing sandbox project JUX
> (http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons-sandbox/jux/) was
> created for a simliar purpose, although it looks like someone has removed
> its web prescence.  The code there has gone stagnant but is still works as
> well as ever.

Doh! I wish I knew about this earlier.

> Also, someone once contacted me about a simliar and apparently
> larger project on sourceforge, although I can't find it now, junit
> add-ons or something like that.

Yeah I saw Pete's post about that too.  Here was the response to that
one:

http://baywhape.notlong.com

I looked at JUX just now and saw that you have one class there called
ObjectTestCase.java.  Would you rather move the stuff already put into
test to JUX or just add this class to the test project?

Alex