commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [testutils] Is there any commons area for generic test code?
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:14:52 GMT
On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 10:29, Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
> I could contribute a class called RendezvousBarrier. It is simple, but
> very useful when testing stuff in concurrent szenarios and you want to
> make non-deterministic runs of more than one thread deterministic for
> certain tests.

Is this test specific?  Sounds like its more specific to threading
concerns.  However I think testing multi-threaded code is your goal and
in that case we're probably going to need these constructs to setup a
multi-threaded test harness.  It does make sense.  Let's talk about this
some more.  I have a feeling the Transaction stuff you're working on is
driving some of this eh?

> Additionally, I have a set of methods that do comparison on files. They
> include checking the content of text files as well as checking what
> files are in certain directories.

I needed that a couple months ago actually.

> If of any interest I could offer to contribute and maintain all of them
> in a testutils component...

Sure this is just what we need I think.  Let me get it setup and
mavenize it and we can just start adding our test code and organizing
it.  I'll get on it right now.

Alex