commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry Haltom <jhal...@feedbackplusinc.com>
Subject Donation to Collections
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:12:20 GMT
I created this Table class for myself and would like it to be included
in Commons or something if you guys want it.

It is a column/row abstract data type, with named and typed columns.
There is no primitive boxing overhead. Data is allocated in pages within
the table.

Usage goes somewhat like:

Class[] types = new Class[] { int.class, String.class };
String[] names = new String[] { "id", "name" };

Table t = new Table(types, names);
Table.Row row = t.newRow();
row.set("id", 12345);
row.set("name", "blah");

I'd like to implement fast searching and filtered views (filtered
iterators).

Read access of the main table structures is thread safe with no
synchronization. This mean concurrent threads can read the table at the
same time. Read access to a single row is synchronized. The rest of the
class is properly synchronized (I hope!)

Also I want to implement indexes.

Anyways, what do you guys think?