commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject RE: [lang] Designs and Futures
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:59:51 GMT
On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 12:49, Gary Gregory wrote:
> I think the confidence level for nightly builds could be
> dramatically increased if a history would be provided with unit test
> results in a similar fashion to the eclipse builds. For example, on the
> page
>
> http://download.eclipse.org/downloads/index.php
>
> When you click on a build, you can see if unit tests passed or not
> (green check or red cross). You can then click on the icon and see what
> went wrong, for example:
>
> http://download2.eclipse.org/downloads/drops/N-N20040601-200406010010/te
> stResults.php
>
> It would be nice if we could provide a similar view for commons
> projects.

Well, does it ever happen that unit tests are broken? It seems from my
experience of commons that this seldom happens - code is not committed
unless the tests pass. And generally new tests aren't committed either
until the code passes.

I guess that this isn't obvious to people who aren't commons developers,
however. So yes this would be nice if someone is willing to implement
it. It seems to me that this would be built as a Maven plugin, though.
So maybe this proposal is better raised on the maven list...

Cheers,

Simon