commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Hanson Char" <hanson_c...@yahoo.com>
Subject [beanutils] Incomplete ConntextClassLoaderLocal.unset() ?
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 01:12:00 GMT
I refer to org.apache.commons.beanutils.ContextClassLoaderLocal.java in the
latest CVS tree of beautils.

It appears that both the get and set methods handle the case when
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader() returns null, via the
globalValue* member fields.  However, the unset method does not handle the
null context classloader case, which will case a NullPointerException as the
statement

	valueByClassLoader.remove(classLoader);

executes.  (Although admittedly I didn't write a test to prove this.)

Is this a bug, a work-in-progress, or am I completely mistaken ?

Hanson