commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim O'Brien" <tobr...@discursive.com>
Subject RE: [lang] Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/lang/src/java/org/apache/commons/lang Validate.java
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 04:23:53 GMT

I can't say I agree with this POV, but I do think that it needs a more
formal fleshing out than a Re: thread for a CVS commit.

I can see the benefit of reducing dependencies among different projects, but
I don't see a good rationale for not having Validate use StringUtils and/or
ArrayUtils.  I'm not of the opinion that we should increase the effort of
maintaining common components because there are people who cut/paste code
into separate projects.

Respectfully,

Tim