commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils] PROPOSAL: eliminate core dependency on collections
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 00:54:12 GMT
At 6:00 PM -0400 5/6/04, Henri Yandell wrote:
>Just a note/idea.
>
>Shame we're not still on Ant. We could have a system in which classes can
>be pulled out of cvs from other projects into the building project,
>package changed to a local one and the public removed.
>
>When building a source dist, it would throw it in like that, and the
>build.xml for a source dist would not include the pull from cvs bit.
>
>We maintain 1 version. We distribute 2.
>
>Probably hacky and warped, but thought I'd throw it in.

Not sure why we couldn't do that with maven.  You can do anything in
maven that you can do in ant, by taking the ant XML and putting it in
a maven.xml file (in an "ant" namespace) and defining it as a goal or
as a preGoal or postGoal task to be done relative to the attainment
of some other goal.

OJB does some pretty hacky and warped stuff with using Maven and
conditional compilation.  I'm not sure I like it, but they prove it
can be done!  Actually, I don't know if OJB uses Ant tasks to do it...

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com