commons-dev mailing list archives

From "C. Scott Ananian" <csc...@cscott.net>
Subject Re: [lang] [math] org.apache.commons.lang.math.Fraction class
Date Sat, 29 May 2004 18:00:06 GMT
On Sat, 29 May 2004, Phil Steitz wrote:

> One thing that we might want to consider, given the magnitude of the
> changes, is deprecating this in [lang] and moving it to [math].

If it is moved, I suggest also changing all the IllegalArgumentExceptions
thrown when an argument is 'null' to NullPointerExceptions.  That is
more consistent with the JDK.

This change is already made in my 'BigFraction' class, where I did not
have any backwards-compatibility to worry about.
 --scott

spy Hawk Dictionary corporate globalization ammunition Rule Psix cracking
milita insurgent operative Minister Qaddafi class struggle SDI SSBN 743
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )