commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Inger, Matthew" <In...@Synygy.com>
Subject RE: [lang] Equalator?
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 20:22:23 GMT
Not really.  It doesn't make sense to chain comparalators with
operations like and/or.  Comparators are for comparing objects, and
returning one of three values:
	Less Than
	Equal To
	Greater Than

There's no way to logically chain these together.  Chaining only
makes sense with boolean values (ie. two possible outcomes).

-----Original Message-----
From: Edelson, Justin [mailto:Justin.Edelson@mtvi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 4:21 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: RE: [lang] Equalator?

The one thing I can do with an Equalator that I don't see how to do (in
a meaningful way) with Comparators is chain them. I've implemented a
ChainedOrEqualator that contains a list of Equalators. If one returns
true, then the ChainedOrEqualator returns true. Likewise, there's a
ChainedAndEqualator.

Am I missing a way to do this with Comparators?