commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [general] MANIFEST files...
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 18:40:37 GMT

What you are telling, it seems, is that there is a key practice at
Apaache, amazing!

Signing jars is automated in many tools, including Maven (simply using
Ant's signjar, see your .maven/plugins/maven-jnlp-plugin/plugin.jelly,
having run the jnlp target once, for an example.

Tomcat jars are a good example of something we'd like to have signed
because many people merge it with others (our tomcat.jar contains soooo
many other stuffs!).

But be careful with the dozens, you only want to sign what you are
producing and expect the things you depend on to be signed by their
makers! That shouldn't make dozens, I think. Maybe half a dozen ?

paul