commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject [beanutils] beanutils 1.7.0 release?
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 20:37:58 GMT
i think that a 1.7.0 beanutils service release would be a very good
idea. it would allow users to upgrade to a version that could be safely
used with either commons collections 2.x or collections 3.0. i'm
willing to act as a release manager.

i've start developing a release plan on the wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/BeanUtils/1_2e7_2e0ReleasePlan)
but it's at an early stage yet. i'll continue working whilst i'm
looking at the commons-loggin 1.0.4 release but i probably see the
logging release coming first. any help with the tasks outlined would be
gratefully received.

once we're within striking distance of the pre release task list being
completed, i'll call a VOTE on the release plan and we'll move to the
final stage.

of course, if anyone sees any problems with a 1.7.0 release, please
speak up on this list :)

- robert