commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: [logging][PROPOSAL] a solution to incompatibility between log4j versions
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 16:51:38 GMT
At 05:48 PM 5/19/2004, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

> > With some changes to log4j HEAD and the following patch to
> > commons-logging, it is now possible to compile commons-logging with
> > 1.3alpha and run it with both 1.3 *and* 1.2.8.
>
>Is it too late to ask if things in log4j could be put back to where they
>were a week ago, while we work together for a clean longer term plan
>together? Even if C-L can manage this, there are other direct users (both
>inside Apache and *end users*) that will have to handle the situation.

On the log4j we are making a very serious effort to keep everyone
happy. Tell us specifically what fails and we will do our best to fix
it. Rolling back everything is not specific enough.

Moreover, we have provided very clear set of instructions that safely
address the c-l compilation problems. I think log4j is the wrong tree
to bark at.

I noticed that
<http://gump.covalent.net/log/bootstrap-ant.html>bootstrap-ant no longer
builds. Is it a related problem?