commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: [GUMP@brutus]: jakarta-commons/commons-logging failed
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 07:55:21 GMT

Hello,

All hail gump. The use of Priority has been deprecated for over 2
years and it will be removed in log4j 1.3.

Fortunately, the required changes are easy and are backward compatible.
Commons-logging code needs to be changed as follows.

Lines such as

   getLogger().log(FQCN, Priority.FATAL, message, t );

need to be changed to

   getLogger().log(FQCN, Logger.FATAL, message, t );

There 5 or 6 such lines in commons-logging. Note that the resulting
commons-logging code will run on both log4j 1.2.x and 1.3

I hope this helps,

--
Ceki Gülcü