commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [sandbox] active components?
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 21:07:21 GMT
hi oliver

releases of sandbox components by the jakarta-common team are
forbidden. (i believe that - with pmc approval - that slide could
release a sandbox component for it's own purposes.) so, what's needed
is promotion to the jakarta commons.

of course, one of the major is that the component has an active
community to support it and that it's ready for (at least a 0.x)
release. it's never too early to push for promotion, especially if the
component is already mature (in a code sense).

you might like to start another thread asking other people what they
think is required for promotion but i'd say that a good place to start
would be by adding transaction to the website.

- robert