commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [lang] [math] org.apache.commons.lang.math.Fraction class
Date Sun, 30 May 2004 23:26:34 GMT

> What about getNumerator()/getDenominator() - won't these change if 2/4 is
> held differently? I believe that we need to preserve the 2/4 concept
> distinct from 1/2, at least in the [lang] version.
>

> The [lang] code needs to work and be reliable. However I suspect that a
> [math] version and [lang] version may be appropriate with slightly different
> semantics.

OK, then the patch will have to be reworked for [lang].  The bugs should
be fixed in any case.  It may take me a while to get to it; but I will
take care of this if no one else does it first.

Regarding [math], we can look at this post 1.0.  I will add this to the
[math] post 1.0 task list (unless I hear objections in the next couple of
days).

Phil