commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ima...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jakarta news page not updating re commons-net 1.2 release
Date Sun, 02 May 2004 19:29:09 GMT
Steve Cohen wrote:

>But, does anyone understand what is wrong with my setup of Eclipse that would
>cause the "ö" character to be mangled every time a file is saved with one in
>it?

I bet this has something to do with the characterset used. Maybe Martin
uses ISO-8859-1 (or ISO-8859-15).
If you open this file with another charset setup the "ö" might be mangled.

Is there any standard which charset should be used on jakarta.
http://www.apache.org/dev/styleguide.html doesnt speak about it.
Maybe we should force to use UTF-8 - not sure if cvs is utf-8 aware.

Or simply avoid any non-ascii character ;-)

Ciao,
Mario