commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <>
Subject Re: jakarta news page not updating re commons-net 1.2 release
Date Sun, 02 May 2004 19:29:09 GMT
Steve Cohen wrote:

>But, does anyone understand what is wrong with my setup of Eclipse that would
>cause the "ö" character to be mangled every time a file is saved with one in
I bet this has something to do with the characterset used. Maybe Martin
uses ISO-8859-1 (or ISO-8859-15).
If you open this file with another charset setup the "ö" might be mangled.

Is there any standard which charset should be used on jakarta. doesnt speak about it.
Maybe we should force to use UTF-8 - not sure if cvs is utf-8 aware.

Or simply avoid any non-ascii character ;-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message