commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [collections] Size and scope issues
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 03:33:11 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2004, at 2:40 PM, Michael Heuer wrote:
>
>> Perhaps some of the classes in [collections] could be presented as a JSR
>> for inclusion in the JDK at some later date.  That might cut the size of
>> the jar some.  :)
>

> All kidding aside, I like this idea.  How about starting by splitting
> collections into, really common collections, and the rarely used
> collections.

A neat ideal, but perceptions of "really common" versus "rarely used"
seem to be awfully personal.  Kinda reminds me of earlier commons-dev
discussions trying to create a "commons core" JAR that included all of
the "really common" commons JARs, and none of the others.  Needless to
say, there was no consensus on what the contents should be :-).

> -dain

Craig McClanahan