commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [digester] TO-DO for release 1.6
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 03:12:09 GMT
Simon Kitching wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 14:19, Simon Kitching wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Here's the list of things I think are remaining to do before a 1.6
>>release. I notice that the 1.5 release was done on 24-april-2003.
>>Wouldn't it be nice to get another release out before the year is up?
>>

>>* resolve the "mixed content" issue [see later]
>>

>Done. Example added to cvs.
>

>>* prepare release notes
>>

>Draft done and committed to CVS. The changes were compiled with the
>help of jdiff and a log of "cvs log" and "cvs diff" work :-)
>

>>* double-check new method signatures [see later]
>>

>Done. No issues were found.
>

>>* confirm collections version compatibility [see later]
>>

>Done. Collections 3.0 works fine.
>

>>* create and commit an xmlrules example to the examples directory.
>>

>Done.
>

>>* test that all examples compile & run.
>>

>Done.
>

>>* think about including proposed InvokeMethodRule [see later]
>>

>Done. Will be postponed until next release.
>
>===========================
>
>So, on to the still-to-do list:
>
>* add cvs-version info in somehow [see later]
>After reviewing Robert and Craig's emails, it seems that there is a
>preference there for the version info to be higher up - maybe even
>within the copyright comments at the top of the file. Is this allowed?
>If so, can we run with it? I'm happy with this, though I do think my
>(admittedly slightly unusual) suggestion of putting it on the *last*
>line of the file also has merit. Maybe just too unexpected, though.

I don't see any problem with putting a CVS comment line above the
license text at the top of the file.  My personal preference is:

  /* $Id$
   *
   * ... the standard license text goes here ...
   */

so that a "head -1" lists the id strings, but that's just me.

>>* move rss stuff to "extras" directory
>>

>Craig?

Sorry ... I've been totally buried with day-job responsibilities lately
-- check out Sun Java Studio Creator if you want to know what I'm
currently working on :-) -- will take care of this over the weekend.

>>* find someone willing to be official release manager
>>

>Anyone?????

If it were after JavaOne I'd do this in a shot ... unfortunately, it's
not yet :-(.

>>* prepare RC candidate, test, etc.
>>

>Yep.
>
>Also:
>* run checkstyle?
>* check there is a "src" distribution, and that it includes the examples
>* set up wiki for digester, add ref from digester website to it.
>* check code with java1.2 SDK (this is the minimum java version, right?)
>* Robert's changes to logging?
>* put in some more @since tags?
>* finishing touches to release notes.

Thanks for all the awesome work, Simon!