commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [beanutils] remove dependency on commons-logging
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 22:40:19 GMT
On 11 May 2004, at 23:29, Simon Kitching wrote:

<snip>

> The issue you raise in your webpage about wanting to set different
> logging behaviours for different instances of some class is simple to
> implement with logging:
>   public void setLog(Log log);
> This is equivalent to setting a Monitor with a "generic" API. However
> it
> also leads to the same issues I list above, so I think it should be
> avoided wherever possible.

IMHO setLog is the price paid by OOP library who want to be used by
frameworks using (some kind of) IoC. it won't be long before most
frameworks use some variation of those ideas which is one reason why
i'm keen to see support for this kind of thing.

how to support it efficiently is (of course) another question...

- robert