commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [sandbox] removing/archiving jrcs
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 21:38:10 GMT
On 27 May 2004, at 21:57, Henri Yandell wrote:

> JRCS now lives outside of Jakarta and I don't believe we had any
> interest
> in maintaining/developing our version at all as the primary (only)
> developer is with the one outside of Jakarta.
>
> Can we kill the version in the sandbox somehow, and does anyone have
> any
> good ideas on the best way to kill said version?

AFAIK it's against policy to delete ASF copyright material.

i'd say that the best policy might be to remove the links to the
website and redirect the jrcs (add a .htaccess) to a simple page saying
something like "JRCS is no longer under active development here at
Jakarta. The source is still available from CVS. A fork is under active
development at codehaus."

we could remove the source from cvs (but not delete) but it might be a
good idea to tag before so that any who's interested can easily recover
it and maybe leave a README in the old directory.

- robert