commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@micropole-univers.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] Accessing from EL script
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 13:35:24 GMT
Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> Hmm, I'm not sure your getting me, I'm refering to making the
> Configuration interface a proper Map via an extension of the Collection
> API's Map Interface and requiring all implementations to support that
> interface (Which could be facilitated through Abstraction/Polymorphism)
> with little impact to the existing usage.

I have been supporting the idea of basing the Configuration interface on
java.util.Map for quite some time, that's why I filed Bug 26102 to start
the convergence of the 2 interfaces but there was no urgent need to
implement the Map interface. This EL use case is an interesting argument
to push toward this change, but I'm not sure it will work well once we
address the issue of hierarchical configurations.

Emmanuel Bourg