commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Verner <br...@rcfile.org>
Subject Re: [configuration] Accessing from EL script
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 13:08:16 GMT
[2004-05-18 08:43] Mark R. Diggory said:
| To extend the subject of refactoring. I want to be able to access
| Configuration objects from EL references in JSP 2.0.
|
| ${sessionScope.config.foo.bar}

I do something similar _with_ properties configuration.  The syntax
I use is

  ${sessionScope.config['some.config.key']}

after doing

  session.setAttribute("config",someMap);

I'm not sure it is worth the effort to work around the "['...']"
syntax requirement/limitation, since the key/value configuration
would have to be copied into something that EL can address
directly (most simply a Map of Map [[of Map ] ...])

cheers.
  brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman