commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@micropole-univers.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] request for comments on refactoring
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 10:03:07 GMT
Brent Verner wrote:

>   BTW, is there any reason that PropertiesConfiguration should
> not be made to be compliant with java.util.Properties files?
> I'm aware of the current duplicate-keys-create-lists behaviour,
> but IMO, it would be best to have the _same_ semantics as the
> java.util.Properties files.  There is no reason we couldn't have
> the current custom-parsed properties file provider along
> side a standard Properties file provider.

Interesting point, we use the .properties extension for
PropertiesConfiguration but the extended syntax makes it incompatible
with the good old java.util.Properties. Should we encourage the use of a
different extension for extended properties to make it clear it's a
different format ?

Emmanuel Bourg