commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: [beanutils] remove dependency on commons-logging
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 01:11:09 GMT

Exactly the logging implementation of the monitor interface would
handle the specifics of logging events at the various levels.

> For example, sometimes when things aren't working with betwixt, I'll
> enable
> debug logging for org.apache.* (forgetting the huge mistake that I'm
> making)
> and then I'll be assaulted by millions of statements from betwixt,
> digester,
> beanutils, etc.  Perhaps this is a bad example, but my point is it would
> be nice to allow deeper customization of logging, without getting too
> fancy.

I think technique is as simple as it can get plus it gives you
so much besides just being able to log.

> However, I'm not sure that everyone will like this sort of thing -- some
> may
> think it's a bit too complicated.

Hope not :-).  It's out there if it takes and it might not but at least
it has been considered with the rest of the options.

Alex