commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils] remove dependency on commons-logging
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 12:53:37 GMT
I was reluctantly in favor of copying certain Collections classes as a
temporary solution to removing that dependency but I don't see why we want
to permanently copy Logging classes to other projects.  Commons Logging is
an abstraction for Log4j and java.util.logging; now we're going to add yet
another abstraction above Commons Logging?  That doesn't make any sense to
me.

I'm not a BeanUtils committer but as a user and Commons committer here's
my -1.

David