commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@micropole-univers.com>
Subject Re: [general] library management
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 11:33:22 GMT
David Blevins wrote:

>>Could you please explain why the disk-space taken by commons libraries
>>is so important to the Geronimo project? Are you intending to run
>>Geronimo on mobile phones using j2me (which has carefully trimmed
>>libraries for this reason)?
>
> The goal is to not rule out the possibility.

I'm not sure to understand how one could run a J2EE server (and why) on
a J2ME environnement, a CLDC/MIDP device (i.e current mobile phones)
doesn't even support the Collection API so most commons components are
unusable there, and a CDC device should have enough power and memory to
support the full sized components.

Emmanuel Bourg