commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Abey Mullassery" <a...@mullassery.com>
Subject Re: [New Proposal] An Imaging wrapper package
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 05:26:27 GMT

Thanks for the pointers and the suggestions.

If there is a need for loading and saving images in various projects already wouldn't it be
a good idea to create a common package. The primary goal of the package I proposed was to
make it simple. All the feedback I get from the users of PMIW lauds this very point.
I had plans of including a simple wrapper for SVG operations as well but I thought it would
force the package to do too many things and lose focus.

Please add your comments and suggestions.
If you think that we need to redefine the scope before the can think about including it in
the commons, we could do that as well.
Can this be included into a similar project that is now in the proposal stage (like XML-Graphics)?
If you think that Jakarta-commons is not the right place for this package, please suggest
another place. Would Apache-commons be a better place?. How about Java.net?

My aim was to make the package (that supports Image Taglibs and Image Tasks and being used
directly) a public project so that many more can contribute and will have much more functionality
and feedback.

Eagarly waiting for your thoughts.

Abey Mullassery
http://www.mullassery.com