commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject [beanutils] remove dependency on commons-logging
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 07:17:31 GMT
Hi,

As no-one shot down my proposal as posted earlier, here is a proposed
patch to beanutils to make commons-logging a completely optional
dependency.

The Log class is a copy of o.a.c.l.Log, and is intended to be committed
to the beanutils cvs tree as o.a.c.l.Log.

The LogSource class is intended to be added in o.a.c.beanutils.

logging.patch changes all calls to LogFactory.getLog into calls on
LogSource.getLog.

The build.xml.patch removes commons-logging from the buildfile, as after
this patch it is neither a compile-time nor a runtime dependency.

I'm expecting comments (maybe screams :-). The only *possible* concern I
am aware of about this patch is where multiple libs containing copies of
o.a.c.l.Log are used and they have different security policies applied.

Cheers,

Simon