commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [digester] TO-DO for release 1.6
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 22:26:43 GMT
On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 09:25, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On 24 Apr 2004, at 04:12, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> > Simon Kitching wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >>  * move rss stuff to "extras" directory
> > -- will take care of this over the weekend.
>
> i'm happy to do the actual moving. IMHO the real question is about
> what's the best structure.
>
> digester -- src -- java
>           |      |
>           |      |- test
>           |- extras -- rss -- src -- java
>                                   |- test
>
> is this the kind of thing people are thinking about?
>
> anyone have any comments/alternatives?

That's pretty much what I was thinking, though I thought we could
simplify things and just have a single "extras" directory for
everything, ie
   digester/src/extras/src/java/org/apache/commons/digester/rss

However Craig didn't like the "extras" idea when I suggested it, and
preferred to put RSS under "examples" (which is also fine by me). He has
now done this: see
   digester/src/examples/rss/src/java/....

I can't see any rss unit tests. I thought there were some before, but I
can't find any now, even when updating with -D to check old stuff.
DigesterTestCase has a few DTD declarations for rss, but that's all I
can see.

Regards,

Simon