commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [all] BinaryCompatability tester
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 20:53:11 GMT
On 3 May 2004, at 22:38, Simon Kitching wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 19:15, robert burrell donkin wrote:

<snip>

>> there is a maven jdiff plugin which i've been using to create reports
>> on the difference between the betwixt refactoring branch and HEAD.
>> it's
>> pretty easy to use so maybe that'd be worth trying...
>
> jdiff is easy to use????
>
> I think it's a nightmare to use. The documentation is almost
> incomprehensible. Maybe if you know Maven then using the maven plugin
> might be easier - I was running jdiff directly.

i found that the maven jdiff plugin was very easy to use. just set up a
couple of properties and take a look at the differences formatted in
html but don't let that stop you writing something better if you have
the itch :)

a continuous integration tool (a bit like junit) that tested various
interfaces for compatibility against a particular CVS tag would be
useful.

- robert