commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: [collections] new snapshot to ibiblio
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 23:03:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 4:44 PM
Subject: RE: [collections] new snapshot to ibiblio

> > I understand the desire to not having projects use snapshots, but the
> > reality is you just sometimes need to build against head.  The geronimo
> > team tries to limit snapshots to projects that do instep releases with
> > geronimo but that is still about 30 modules spread across 4 projects.
>
> Why use snapshots?  If you want to track *current* status, you really want
> to turn that over to GUMP, which will pull source for every project you
> depend upon, and build Geronimo and all dependents from source.  GUMP is
the
> ASF's Continous Integration project, and will be adding (AIUI) testing, as
> well as the ability to freeze a given dependent to a released JAR.

Testing (via ant running junit tests) has been they for a long time.
Build/Testing (via Maven) is pretty close, and we have a geronimo project in
place (although it is still a work in progress):

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/incubator-geronimo/incubator-geronimo/index.html

Let us know what you need/want, and we'll see if we can help you:

    general@gump.apache.org

regards,

Adam