commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Schliesing <schlies...@subshell.com>
Subject Re: validator: email-validation not accepting german "umlaute"
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:41:30 GMT
I wrote a test to make sure where the problem is:

public class ValidatorTest extends TestCase {
     public void testEmail() {
         EmailValidator emailValidator = EmailValidator.getInstance();
         boolean result = emailValidator.isValid("test@müller.de");
         assertTrue("invalid email", result);
     }
}

Runs with success. So the address "test@müller.de" is validated by the
EmailValidator with success.

Seems that the problem is with struts. I also explicitly set the charset
in the struts-config:

<controller contentType="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"
processorClass="org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor" />

No change.

Any other ideas?