commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Commons::Net Wiki
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:20:50 GMT

"Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com> wrote in message
news:NBBBJGEAGJAKLIDBKJOPMEONIMAB.noel@devtech.com...
> > I second this. Can we have a new Jakarta-commons wiki?? Pretty please??
>
> Was there ever a request submitted to infrastructure and cc'd to the PMC?
> The shell is easy to create.  Leo Simons could give advice on populating
it
> from the migrated Wiki.

I seem to remember a message being posted to infra@ on the subject a while
ago, but I can't find it now...

> We still need to get the old wiki migrated permanently to MoinMoin.  I
think
> that Leo has probably been tied up.

IIRC, the last time Leo did a migration, he said it would be the last one he
did, because it's painful to do, with all the patch up required. When we
created the new Struts wiki recently, we just took what was in the previous
migration as our starting point, and let people update that where necessary.
One problem is that nobody seems to know how to mark the old wiki as
immutable, so it's possible that people are still adding content there.

--
Martin Cooper