commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Inger, Matthew" <In...@Synygy.com>
Subject RE: COMMONS UPLOAD QUESTION "request.getParameter()"
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 22:18:49 GMT
Try using the parse(HttpServletRequest req) method.
The returned FileItem objects have a method "isFormField()" with
returns true if the particular FileItem represents a field in a
form which is not a file (seems kind of silly, since it's a
"FileItem" class, yet it's representing something that's not a file).

List l = fileUploadInstance.parse(req);
Iterator it = l.iterator();
FileItem item = null;
while (it.hasNext()) {
  item = (FileItem)it.next();
  if (item.isFormField()) {
     // do processing for your fields
  }
  else {
     // do processing for your file
  }
}

I would personally like to see an HttpServletRequest implementation
provided which would take the original request, pass it to a FileUpload
instance for parsing, and process the returned FileItem instances so that
things like "getParameter()" and so forth would work properly.

(hmm.... maybe i should just write that class).