commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [configuration] Subsets and JNDIConfiguration
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 07:12:11 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote on Thursday, April 08, 2004 3:20 AM:

> Spice JNDIKit more useful than Simple-JNDI? URL? Reasons?

Spice JNDIKit comes with an InMemoryContext that is very comfortable for tests. Additionally
we had to comment out unit tests, since context.listBindings("") does not work in Simple-JNDI.
Also Spice JNDI has NameParser support, that is not implemented at all in Simple-JNDI.

> I'll happily stop developing Simple-JNDI if there's something
> out there I can replace with it and let someone else develop
> it :) Let's me start working on Simple-JMS.

IMHO Spice JNDIKit could be a better foundation for PropertyContext etc.

Regards,
Jörg