commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: [digester] TO-DO for release 1.6
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:44:34 GMT
On 15 Apr 2004, at 01:40, Craig McClanahan wrote:
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>> On 13 Apr 2004, at 03:19, Simon Kitching wrote:

>>> Re: InvokeMethodRule ("call method as soon as params are available")
>>> I'm quite happy for this to wait until next release for
>>> consideration.
>>> However, Emmanuel Bourg has requested this feature. And it may also
>>> be
>>> useful for providing "immutable object support" in betwixt. So if
>>> anyone
>>> out there feels strongly about including this feature in 1.6, then
>>> they
>>> had better check out my proposal, and either approve it or propose
>>> fixes/alternatives...
>> +1
> I will look at the proposal, and wouldn't mind the changes if they
> look solid, but don't feel a burning desire for them myself.

(i'm not sure who's the more confused here ;)

i was trying to +1 the "let's not do anything about this for this

>> once you know how to cut releases, let's quickly resolve this one and
>> cut another release.
> One additional issue was raised a while ago on the mailing list, and
> again with me in personal mail; we ship the DTDs for the RSS formats
> inside commons-digester.jar, but they have Netscape copyrights.
> Although  the precedent of allowing DTDs with non-Apache copyrights
> has been established elsewhere (W3C copyrights on some of the web
> services DTDs), I don't think we really need to ship the RSS stuff
> inside our JAR -- it's just a demo, after all.
> There was talk at one time about moving the RSS stuff out into a
> src/examples directory, and packaging it in a separate JAR, but this
> hasn't been done yet.  Anyone have a problem with me doing this
> (probably late tonight)?

good catch craig :)

has anyone heard anything back from the board as to whether releases
containing non-AL2.0 licensed material are still embargoed?

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message